Easy Roast Pork Belly
This simple roast recipe let's the flavour of the pork shine. Serve with your favourite Asian-style salad.
- 1 Boneless Pork Belly Portion
- 1tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- Remove the pork belly from the packaging and pat dry with paper towel. Deeply score the rind at 1cm intervals with a small sharp knife, being careful to not cut into the meat.
- Remove the pork from the refrigerator, place it skin side up on a wire rack in the sink and pour a jug of boiling water over the top. Pat dry and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees C
- Remove the pork belly from refrigerator and rub salt and olive oil into the rind, including in between scores.
- Place a the wire rack inside a roasting tray and the pork belly on top. Ensure the pork belly is flat and level so it cooks evenly.
- Cook in the hot oven for 50 minutes, or until the skin starts to crackle.
- Turn the oven down to 180 degree C and cook for another 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.