Lamb & Fig Tagine
This tagine is rich, fragrant and flavoursome. Dried apricots can be used instead of dried figs if preferred.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsbp Moroccan spice mix
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 600g premium diced lamb
- 200g pumpkin, diced
- 200g dried figs
- 400g diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- zest of 1 lemon
- small bunch of coriander
- Couscous and Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish (stove top safe), add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and spices and cook for an extra 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the lamb, pumpkin and figs to the dish, then pour in the tomatoes and stock. Season well and bring to the boil.
- Place the lid on the casserole dish and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Stir the tagine and return to the oven, uncovered for an extra 30 minutes.
- Taste and add seasoning if required. Sprinkle over the lemon zest and coriander and serve with couscous and Greek yoghurt.