One Pot Caramelized BBQ Pork Chops with Sweet Apple
A lip-smacking pork chop recipe, from our friends at Australian Pork.
- 4 pork loin chops
- Oil for brushing
- 50g butter
- 4 small red apples, sliced thickly
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup water or apple juice
- Mashed potato and steamed vegetables to serve
- Brush each pork loin chop on both sides with a little oil.
- Place the pork chops onto the pre-heated griddle pan and brown each chop well on both sides 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a large deep frying pan or pot melt the butter over a medium heat, add the apple slices and brown each slice on both sides 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the apples and set aside.
- Add the brown sugar and maple syrup to the pan stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in the BBQ sauce and water and bring to the boil stirring.
- Return the pork loin chops to the pan with the sliced apples and gently stir to coat the chops well with the sauce. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for a further 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Serve pork chops with apples, mashed potatoes and vegetables and lashings of caramelized BBQ sauce.