Pork & Speck Sausage Rolls
Simple ingredients produce big flavours in these flakey sausage rolls.
- 3 sheets puff pastry (defrosted if pre-made)
- 500g pork mince
- 100g Kaiserfleisch speck
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 1 onion, finaly diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh sage
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Dice the Kaiserfleisch speck and fry in olive oil until crispy. Add the carrot and onion and cook until caramelised. Add garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Remove from the pan into a mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, add the pork mince, fennel, sage, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, 1 egg and Worcestershire sauce to the bacon mix. Using your hands, gently mix all ingredients together until just combined.
- Crack the second egg into a small bowl and whisk to create an egg wash.
- Cut the puff pastry sheets in half. Place mince along the center of the length of the pastry.
- Roll the pastry over the top of the mince and fasten together with egg wash. Place the roll seam side down on a lined baking tray. Repeat for the remainder of the pastry and mince.
- Gently slice the long rolls into mini rolls and coat with egg wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.