Pork Noodle Stir Fry
Perfect for mid-week meals, this recipe will be a hit with the whole family.
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 400g pork mince
- 350g egg noodles
- Approx 6cm piece of ginger (or 1.5 tbsp ginger paste)
- 3 garlic cloves (or 1 tbsp crushed garlic)
- 300g of your favourite vegetables, chopped (carrots, zucchini, broccoli, snow peas, baby corn, red capsicum etc)
- 4 tbsp low salt soy sweet
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- Place a wok or large frying pan on high heat and heat the oil. Add the mince, breaking it up with a spoon, and fry for until browning.
- While the meat cooks, pour boiling water over the noodles and set aside for 5-10 minutes to soften.
- To the pan, add the ginger, garlic and vegetables to the pan and fry, stirring, for about 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 tbsp of soy sauce with the cornflour and make a paste.
- Add the paste, plus the remaining soy sauce, chili sauce and 2tbsp of water to the pan and stir through.
- Drain the noodles and to the pan with the sauce.
- Cook until the sauce covers the noodles, adding a little bit of water if needed.
- Serve immediately.