Roast Pork Loin
A tender, flavoursome pork roast with crispy crackling.
- 1.5 - 2 kg piece of rolled pork loin roast, rind scored with a sharp knife
- 2 garlic cloves, each cut evenly into 3 slivers
- 2 large rosemary sprigs, chopped into 6 smaller pieces
- Olive oil
- Two hours before cooking, sprinkle salt onto the pork rind and leave it in the fridge, uncovered.
- After two hours, remove the pork from the fridge and pat the rind dry with paper towel.
- Heat the oven to 230C.
- Turn the pork rind-side down and cut 6 deep incisions in the meat with a sharp knife. Push a piece of garlic and a piece of rosemary into each incision and then flip the pork over.
- Drizzle olive oil over the rind and salt generously, rubbing the oil and salt all over the rind and into the scores.
- Place a roasting rack inside a roasting tray and place the pork on the rack, rind side up. Put into the oven and roast for 15 minutes, then turn the heat down to 180C and roast for another 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the roasting tray and rest on a carving board.
- If preparing gravy, pour the drippings into the hot gravy and stir through.
- Carve and serve with your favourite roast vegetables