Teriyaki Beef Salad
Flavoursome, tender beef strips marinated in a teriyaki sauce and served on a crispy fresh salad.
- 450g rump steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red chilies, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 lime juice
- Sesame oil for frying
- 2 cups Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 carrots, shaved
- 1/2 bitter-free cucumber, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- Combine the ginger, garlic, chilies, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, lime juice and honey into a bowl. Add the beef strips and coat in the marinade. Let stand in the marinade at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- While the meat is marinating, combine the lettuce, carrots, cucumber and red onion and place on a serving plate.
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet or wok, remove the steak strips from the marinade (set the leftover marinade aside) and cook on high heat, stirring constantly until well done.
- Arrange the steak strips on top of the salad ingredients.
- Pour the retained marinade into the skillet and let simmer until reduced by a third, remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Drizzle over the salad before serving.