Thai Beef Salad
This salad is full of incredible flavour, with marinated beef and tangy Thai dressing.
- 500g Beef BBQ Topside Steak
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp low salt soy sauce
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger (minced)
- 1 1/4 tsp chili paste
- 4 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced (reserve a little as garnish)
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- In a jug, combine the soy sauce, oil, honey, 1 tbsp of the lime juice, garlic, ginger and chili. Pour half of the mixture into a large large mixing bowl or container, along with the remaining 2 tbsp of lime juice. Reserve the remaining mixture in the jug as dressing.
- Place the steak into the mixing bowl or container, making sure it is fully covered with the mixture. Seal tightly and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat a grill or skillet, coat with oil and place add the marinated steaks. Grill until medium rare, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and allow to rest at room temperature.
- Slice the steaks thinly against the grain.
- To make the salad, combine the lettuce, sliced shallot, coriander and basil in a salad bowl. Loosely toss through the beef and sprinkle over a few shallots for garnish.
- Dress with the reserved mixture and serve, dividing amongst 4 bowls.